This was our dinner tonight. It was gobbled before I thought to grab my camera. Sorry, I could take a pic of the empty pie tin for you but that would be depressing because it means the pie is gone. It was that tasty. And that easy. And it has lots of variations.
Zucchini Cheese Pie
2 c. diced fresh zucchini
1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/2 c. pancake or biscuit mix, dry
1 t. Italian herb mix
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
Heat oven to 400°. Mix everything together and dump into a greased pie tin. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve. Sliced fresh tomatoes and bacon are delicious with this pie.
1. 2 c. chopped broccoli for the zucchini and 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar for the feta
2. 1 c. shredded mozzarella for the feta and add 1/2 c. diced pepperoni
3. Use goat cheese and gluten free baking mix (I used Bisquik's version) to make a cow-dairy free, gluten free version
4. Add up to 1 c. diced mushrooms, peppers, onions, olives, or anything else you'd top a pizza with
5. Use 1 c. chopped fresh spinach and 1 c. diced zucchini with 1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
Use your imagination and have fun with this easy recipe.