Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Missed Monday

Missed again on Monday. I got caught up in doing stuff instead of writing my blog post. Wanna know what I did instead? In no particular order - Made peach cobbler, mopped the kitchen, went to work, vacuumed, watched a couple episodes of Buffy, took the dogs on a walk, went to a family birthday party, thought about moving the mound of stuff in the living that's destined for a thrift store donation bin, called my brother about the van we're selling, talked about Cub Scouts with a neighbor, felt guilty for not running three other errands, avoided the laundry room because I really don't want to tackle cleaning it out, stayed up way too late waiting for my daughter to get home, ran car pools, heated up leftover soup for dinner, rescued the cat from the slug crawling up his back, thought about pulling dandelions out of the yard, decided the yard was too muddy, cleaned the floor of the pantry, did my part of organizing/cleaning the freezer by finishing off a carton of ice cream, checked the bank balance...

Yep. Total excitement. My life is probably just as glamorous as yours. Nobody really wants to read all that. So, I'm asking you, my readers, what do you want to read on my blog? I've got a few author interviews lined up and I can write up book/movie reviews. I could talk about conventions and writing or quilt piecing and crocheting. I could talk about living with autism and teenagers. I could blather about all sorts of stuff. But is that what you would like to read?

Thursdays will continue to be recipe days, although I'd love suggestions on what recipes you'd be interested in.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a mom. =)

    I'd love to read anything you are particularly passionate about. Passion=fun. Speaking of which, I'm handing you the Liebster blog award. =) Eat cheese eh?
    http://crystalcollier.blogspot.com/2011/09/bizarre-news-you-never-wanted-to-know.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll not be much help. I just come by to visit to hear your voice.

    Shall I be more verbose? I will try.

    As I know some of your children, updates on them are interesting to me, but probably not universally fascinating. Autism and etc comments are also interesting as my oldest has some unclassified (so far) oddities. Though I doubt anything will be directly applicable as most of yours are several years ahead of mine and almost certainly have a different set of oddities.

    I've enjoyed your updates on the various hand crafting projects you have going. However, I don't read blogs about making items unless they are written by people I know. So it's more that I'm interested in the authors than in sewing, quilting, or etc. Though, if you lived closer I would come over and ask hints on costume construction as my boys go through their various fascinations.

    I'm not actually all that interested in recipes, but I read your posts on them and have made at least one (the easiest) of them so far.

    Author interviews are interesting, though so far the ones I've read haven't written books that have really called out to me.

    Book/movie reviews are most valuable to me if I can discern from them my probable reaction to the media item in question. I loved Howard Taylor's movie reviews. They were the first reviews I'd come across that explained the movies clearly enough that it really made a difference in what I wanted to see. Previously I would only check reviews to figure out what not to see, and that eliminations process is exceedingly long and tedious for my persnickety tastes. It is rather sad that these recent months have gotten him either too busy to go or (more likely) to write up reviews. I think that maybe because Howard's reviews were as much about his state of mind as the subject matter, that I was able to use that to form a better picture of the experience than from a straight analysis. But I digress.

    Basically if you're aiming at me, then all sorts of stuff is a great topic. And so I can
    conclude with basically the same statement I started with.

    I'm afraid I am not much help in pinpointing a topic. =) Take care!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.