Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Starlight Cake

I think this is from Betty Crocker, but I don't remember. I'm going through some of my old handwritten recipes and posting them. Classic old recipes that are pretty easy to make. Enjoy!

Starlight Cake

2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/2 c. shortening or butter
1 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
3 eggs

Dump everything into a mixing bowl. Beat on low for 30 seconds to combine. Scrape down the sides and beat on high for 2-3 minutes. Pour into greased and floured pans. Bake at 350° - 9x13 40-45 minutes, round layers 30-35 minutes, cupcakes 16-20 minutes.

Let cool completely before frosting. May I suggest this chocolate frosting recipe or this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.