Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, April 6, 2020

Orange Dreamsicle Dessert

I was going to call this salad, because that's a Utah thing, but it's definitely more of a dessert. Sweet and luscious and reminds me of an orange creamsicle.

Orange Dreamsicle Dessert

1 4-serving package orange gelatin
1 c. boiling water
2 8-oz cans mandarin oranges
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1 8-oz tub whipped topping

Mix gelatin with boiling water, stir until completely dissolved, at least 5 minutes. Drain mandarin oranges, saving the juice! Measure out 3/4 c. juice and add to the gelatin. Stir around. Set it aside until it starts to thicken and set up. This usually takes about 30 minutes in the fridge or 1-2 hours on the counter. Once it starts to thicken, stir in the orange slices, yogurt, and whipped topping until blended.
Refrigerate until set, at least 1-2 hours.

This recipe works great in a jello mold. I love my smaller one from Tupperware with the heart or star in the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.