Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Bavarian Cream Salad

This one is in honor of Utah, where I spent much of my life. The ONLY recipe I can think of that uses lime jello that is actually edible, although I personally prefer the orange creamsicle version (which I'll post next).

Bavarian Cream Salad

1 4-serving package of lime gelatin
4 oz cream cheese (1/2 of a regular package)
1 16-18 oz can pears
1 8-oz tub whipped topping

Drain pears, saving the juice! Bring the juice to a boil and stir in the gelatin. Keep stirring until the gelatin dissolves completely, this should take about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese to the mixture. Beat, with a mixer if needed, until the mixture is creamy and thick. It should look like a disgusting mess of green gelatin and cottage cheese at this point. Smash the pears and add them. Stir it together. It should look like pale green cat vomit. Stir in the whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

You know what? Never mind on this recipe. Anything that looks like cat vomit while you're making it is probably not a good idea. I'll just pass on the green jello....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.