Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, November 8, 2010

Book Review: ...The Twain Shall Meet, J Guevara

This is what happens when you write the blog post at 2 am, you forget stuff.

...The Twain Shall Meet, J Guevara

Part philosophy essay, part homage to Mark Twain, part quirky character studies, this book is a light-hearted romp through the Florida Keys in modern times with none other than Mark Twain. See, he never died, he was carried away on Halley's Comet. Returned to earth with the comet for only a few weeks, he describes our modern times with humor, wit, and biting insight. If you are easily offended, don't bother reading this book. I don't agree with many of the viewpoints expressed in this book, but it's not a diatribe of hate and anger that's presented. Rather they are expressed with gentle humor, sometimes pointed, but never vilifying.

If you're looking for something quirky and entertaining but with deep thought, try this book. I had a lot of fun with it.

2 comments:

  1. I read this one awhile back. I agree that the content could easily offend some people but, like you, I found it quirky (love that word!) and enjoyed the journey the author took me on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun trip, I agree with that.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.