Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thursday Recipe - Waffle Sticks

These are just waffles, really. It's the waffle iron that makes the difference. I found this baby at Goodwill, cleaned it up, and used it. It's a keeper. I loved how crispy the outsides got. I still need to tweak the recipe a bit, but the waffle sticks were delicious.

Here is a YouTube review of it so you can get an idea of how it looks and works:



And my version of the recipe:

Waffle Sticks

2 eggs
1 c. milk (I used Simple Truth Coconut Milk)
1/3 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 T. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. oil or melted butter
2 c. flour

Pre-heat the waffle stick maker. Plug it in and let it do its thing while you mix up the waffle batter. I usually spritz it with the baking spray but the non-stick on this one works really well without it so I didn't bother.

Beat the eggs really well, until frothy and smooth. Stir in the milk, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and oil. Make sure everything is really well beaten. Stir in the flour just enough to make a smooth batter.

Pour into the waffle maker. Close the lid and let it do its thing some more. The green ready light on top will come on before the waffles are done, so wait until it stops steaming before trying to open it. I left the waffle sticks in until I could smell them really well but I like mine extra-done and crispy.

Serve with ice cream or pudding or fruit or whipped topping or chocolate syrup or chocolate fondue or whatever your heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.