Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thursday Recipe - Chicken Spice Rub

I need to mix up more spice blends. I've really enjoyed the convenience of the ones I've done before, like Onion Soup, Curry Powder, Italian Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and even Garlic Salt (coming next week, along with Ranch Dip Mix). So the other day when I wanted something different with the chicken, I went looking for chicken dry rubs for bbq chicken.\

This one was very tasty. Of course, I mixed it up a bit and did my own thing with it, like usual.

What's your favorite dry rub for meats? Share in the comments. I'd love to pick up a few more recipes.

Chicken Spice Rub

1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. paprika
2 t. black pepper
1 T. salt
2 t. New Mexico chili powder (use whatever chili powder you like, this is what I had on hand)
1 t. garlic powder

Mix everything together. Store in an airtight container.

BBQ Chicken and Potatoes

1 recipe chicken spice rub
1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into skewer size chunks
2-3 lbs potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2 inch chunks
cooking spray

Put the chicken in a large plastic bag. Add 1/2 the spice rub. Squeeze it around to coat all the chicken with the spices. Put in the fridge for an hour or two.

When you're ready to start cooking, turn the oven on to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray. Spread the potatoes over 2/3 of the baking sheet. Lightly spray them with the cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chicken spice rub. Toss to spread it around a bit. Dump the chicken onto the other third of the pan and spread it out a bit.

Bake for 35-50 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside and you can stick a fork easily into the potatoes.

Really good with sour cream on the side as a dipping sauce. Or bleu cheese dressing. Or with this BBQ sauce:

Stonewall Barbecue Sauce (from Food Network originally, although you know I tweaked it 'cause that's what I do)

1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1/2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. worcestershire sauce
1 t. hot sauce

Mix everything in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.