Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday Recipe - Garlic Salt and Ranch Dip Mix

Okay, it sounds simple. And it is. But how many people pay premium prices for stuff that they could easily mix up on their own? My spice cupboard has everything I need for these. If I mix them up myself, then I have the convenience of the pre-mixed seasonings but without the things I don't like in the commercial mixes.

So here goes.

Garlic Salt

1/2 c. salt (sea salt, kosher flaked salt, or whatever fancy salt you want)
3 T. garlic powder
1 T. dried parsley
1 t. dried herbs, optional (if you want to fancy it up a bit, use oregano, marjoram, basil, thyme, rosemary, chives, or any of the green herbs)

Put everything in a shaker bottle. I just re-use the one already labeled "garlic salt" that I finished off a couple of years ago and keep re-filling. Shake it well. Store in a cool dry place.

If you like a finer grind on everything, put it through a small food processor or spice grinder.

Ranch Dip Mix

1/4 c. freeze-dried onions
1/4 c. dried parsley
2 T. garlic powder
2 T. salt
1 t. ground black pepper
1 t. dill weed

Mix everything in a small food processor or spice grinder. Store in an airtight container cool dry place.

Ranch Dip

1/2 c. sour cream
2 T. ranch dip mix

Mix together then refrigerate for an hour to let everything blend.

Dairy-free version: Use 1/2 c. mayonnaise instead of sour cream
Ranch Dressing: Make the dip and add 1/4 c. milk. Shake well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.