Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bonus Cookie Recipe

These are so easy and fast. You can dress them up or down or whatever you want. Try different flavors of cake mixes with different mix-ins. Either way, you can't beat fresh, hot cookies.

Cake Mix Cookies

1 boxed cake mix, dry
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs

Mix everything together until blended. Scoop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 7 - 9 minutes, just until set.

Variations:

Oreos - use chocolate cake mix (double fudge if possible). Put two cookies together with Cream Cheese Filling: Cream 1/2 c. cream cheese with 1/2 c. powdered sugar and 1 T. vanilla. This should be very stiff.

Chocolate Chip - Use white or yellow cake mix and add 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Lemon Cream - use lemon cake mix. Frost with lemon glaze: mix 1 c. powdered sugar, 1 T. lemon juice, and 1/4 c. softened butter. Add water if needed to thin it out.

White chocolate, macadamia, cranberry - use yellow cake mix. Add 1 c. white chocolate chips, 1/2 c. chopped macadamias, and 1/2 c. Craisins.

Cherry Nut - use cherry cake mix. Add 1/2 c. chopped maraschino cherries and 1/2 c. chopped pecans.

What variations can you dream up? Go ahead and share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. i like these as do the boys. =) Though I don't do it too often as I think they sometimes turn out a bit salty. I'd have to did a cake mix box out of the trash to be sure, but I think they tend to not skimp on sodium. =P But great flavor! And I'll probalby not kill over considering I do them about two times a year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are saltier than my normal cookies. But for a quick and easy, they're great. Plus you can add whatever you want. I forgot to mention the 1/2 c. coconut in some versions.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.