Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, February 26, 2018

Book Review - Save Our Souls by Leighton Dean

Disclaimer - I read an uncorrected advance copy. The book is coming soon... Check it out here.

This was explained to me as a light-hearted space adventure. Yes, it was adventurous with plenty of action, but light-hearted? Not really. People die constantly in the story. And the space pirates are very brutal. Not quite the light-hearted lark I was hoping for.

But the story rolled along at a good clip. There were aliens and explosions and pirates. Overall, it was an enjoyable story that kept me reading. I did get bogged down with an excess of editing, proofing, grammar, and spelling problems, but I was assured they would be fixed in editing. I was reading an unedited advance copy.

So if you're looking for a fast-paced adventure set in space, Save Our Souls will fit the bill. As long as you can handle lots and lots of violence and death.

I give the book a solid three stars. Was it a book I fell in love with and want to read it over and over? No. Do I regret reading it? No. There was enough of a larger story forming that I'm curious to see where it goes. So if a sequel shows up, I'll probably read it.

3 stars
PG-13 for violence, brutality, swearing, and lots of dead bodies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.