Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

It's that time of year where most people spend some time reflecting on the past and setting goals for the future. Most of these resolutions die well before January does, though. I have a terrible track record for following through on my goals, so this year I'm focusing on things that I can accomplish, that I can follow through.

1 - Instead of losing weight, I'm going to focus on eating healthier. Less sugar, less refined carbs, more whole grains. More fruits and vegetables. Smaller portions. And I'm going to work on curbing that horrible snack monster that comes out every day around 3 pm.

2 - I will exercise, even if it's only fifteen minutes a day of stretching. No matter how horrid I feel, I will do at least that much.

3 - I'm going to be kinder and more patient, especially with my own family. I'll stop and think before I speak.

4 - I will do something creative every day. Writing is always good but sometimes it just takes too much energy, so on those days, I'll doodle something or cook something new or take a photo or play with yarn. As long as it's something that gets the creativity moving, however sluggishly, it's good.

I think that's a good list for me. What are you goals? What habits are you working on establishing or breaking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.