Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, September 19, 2016

Book Review Time!

I've been reading again, mostly paperbacks because my eyes can't handle screen reading for very long at a time. I've dug out some old classics and enjoyed them again, but I also picked up some new books to try.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Kris Longknife series by Mike Shepherd, aka Mike Moscoe. I just finished book 7 and I'm having a lot of fun. The writing occasionally makes me twitch, mostly it's using the wrong word that sounds the same or similar to the right one, but that's about it. The stories are space opera - high adventure, lots of interesting characters, villains threatening all of human space - that type of thing.

If you're looking for a fun book series and enjoy science fiction adventure, check out the books. I give them a solid A.

Rating: PG mostly for violence, occasionally PG-13 for subject matter, G- for language (very little swearing and that's usually pretty mild).

He has several other series that tie into this one that are also great fun.

Just for full disclosure, I've met the author and he's a hoot to talk to. No, he didn't give me the books. No, he didn't pay me to review them. He did convince me to give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.