Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Tuna Toasties

These are one of my favorite types of food - fast, cheap, and easy. When you have one of those days and need dinner on the table now, this is a great one to serve. Add a green salad and some sliced fruit, and you're good to go.

Tuna Toasties

6 rolls
3 cans tuna fish in water
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. chopped dill pickles
1/2 c. shredded cheese

Split rolls and place on a baking sheet. Open the tuna cans and drain. (If you're me, feed the water to the cats and dogs in the house because otherwise they'll make your life miserable with begging. They're tuna monsters.) Mix tuna, mayonnaise, pickles, and cheese. Spread on the rolls. Broil for 1-4 minutes, until the edges are crispy and the tuna mixture is a little bubbly. (Don't be like me and pull them out when smoke starts pouring from the oven. I finally have an oven that broils like it's supposed to. Burnt offerings are a regular menu offering lately.)

Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.