Just for kicks and giggles, I'm sharing an old favorite short I wrote years ago. If you like it, more can be found on my website - http://www.jaletac.com Thanks for reading!
Let There Be Light
1. And behold, in those days there was no light, only darkness; yea, such utter darkness that there was no light; all was darkness.
2. And there was also coldness, yea coldness such that it was very cold.
3. And lo, a voice cried out in the darkness and the cold saying, “Let there be light!”
4. And there was light of such glorious brightness that the darkness was no more; and behold, the light banished the cold also.
5. And a voice was heard saying, “Do you want the cherry or the grape popsicle?”
6. And the One who had commanded the light to come forth was taken by the Voice.
7. And the light and warmth went also with the One who had spoken.
8. And behold, all was darkness such that there was no light anywhere. And all was cold once more.
from the Book of Squid, Chapter 33