Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Sweet Potato Cookie Cake

I was bored. And I had some leftovers in the fridge. So I messed around in the kitchen and came up with these. They turned out surprisingly tasty.

Sweet Potato Cookie Cakes

1/3 c. softened butter
2 large eggs
1 c. cooked mashed sweet potatoes or yams
1 yellow cake mix
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1/2 t. nutmeg

Beat butter, eggs, and sweet potatoes until creamy and smooth. Add dry cake mix and spices. Stir until mixed. Don't worry about a few lumps, they'll cook out. Grease two pie plates. Spread half of the batter in each pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned and center is set.

Serve warm or cold. Whipped cream cheese is delicious with these. Or try meadow cream.

I thought I'd posted this recipe, but apparently I haven't. Meadow Cream was inspired by Brian Jacques' description of massive feasts in his Redwall books. It's tasty on pancakes, waffles, toast, fresh bread, muffins, cake, banana bread, brownies, bacon....

Meadow Cream

1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. honey

Cream everything together. Keep beating until very silky smooth and fluffy. Use as a spread or frosting or just eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon. Makes about 2 cups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.