Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Hot Fudge Sauce

Yeah, I'm busy. Too much going on. But I had two baseball-bat zucchini that needed used, so I made zucchini bread and chocolate zucchini cake. The cake turned out on the dry side, though (need to tweak that recipe), so I made hot fudge sauce to top it. It's not the creamiest, probably because I used powdered milk and 2% instead of evaporated milk, but hey, you use what you've got. It's still a tasty recipe and it's fast.

Hot Fudge Sauce

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. powdered milk
1 c. milk
2 c. chocolate chips
1 t. vanilla
12 oz. container of marshmallow creme

Mix sugar and powdered milk in a medium saucepan. Stir in milk. Whisk to remove any lumps. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Turn to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Keep stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir in marshmallow creme. Serve hot.

Once it cools, it's great to mix in with yogurt or just use as a thick chocolate sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.