Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Greek Salad My Way

This is not authentic. No way, no how. But it's very tasty and satisfying on a hot summer day. It's easy to whip up, too.

Greek Salad My Way

1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/3 c. oil (this is salad dressing so go ahead and use that olive oil or other fancy oil, I just use canola)
1 T. fresh parsley leaves OR 1 t. dried parsley
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper
1/2 t. paprika

6 c. mixed salad greens (I love the baby spring mix)
1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 sweet bell pepper, red or yellow are prettiest but green works, too
1 c. pitted olives, black or kalamata
1 c. crumbled feta cheese

Put first six ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

For the salad - put greens in a bowl, arrange cucumber, bell pepper, and olives on top. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.