The rules are simple. I have to:
- Answer 10 questions about my current WIP (Work-In-Progress) (see below)
- Tag five other writers and link their blogs so we can all hop over and read their answers. (see above)
- What is the working title of your book?
- Where did the idea come from for the book?
- What genre does your book fall under?
- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
- What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
- Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
- What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
- Who or What inspired you to write this book?
- What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
2. Idea: I wanted to play with fairyland, elves, and airships. So I did. The plot is a mess, but that's why it's a work-in-progress.
3. Genre: This one is fantasy/steampunk. I tried to make it a romance but the characters didn't want to cooperate.
4. Actors: *raise eyebrows* No idea. I don't work that way. I do have cover art in mind, if I ever get to that point with this one.
5. Synopsis: Sabrina has the power to save fairyland from the Seligh who are bent on destroying it.
6. Publishing route? I don't think that are ahead. I have no idea where this book will be published, if it is ever published. I've got a lot of editing work to do first.
7. How long to write first draft? I'm still working on it. I started it last winter, set it aside for a few months, then finished most of it during August for CampNanoWrimo. My rough drafts take anywhere from a week to three or four months, depending on how much writing time I've got and how much of the story I've got worked out in my head.
8. Other books? Um, no idea. I don't usually read steampunk or fairyland stories.
9. Inspiration? Frances Pauli wrote a great urban fantasy fairyland trilogy. Check it out. The link is to her blog tour last February but it gives you all the info on the books. I loved them.
10. Pique reader interest? Don't hold your breath. This one has a lot of polishing before it's ready for even an editor to see. Meanwhile, go check out my space opera series. Books 1 and 2 are published, book 3 just went to the publisher.
If you want to take the challenge, please do. Leave me your name and a link to your blog post answers in the comments and I'll be happy to consider you tagged.