Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thursday Recipe - Chicken Enchiladas by Guest Author Cami Checketts

Please welcome Cami Checketts to the Far Edge of Normal! If you're looking for some fun, sweet, clean romance, she's your gal. I've read several of her books and enjoyed them. She's here to share a great recipe and her newest release: The Feisty One. It sounds like another good read.

Take it away, Cami!


It's always exciting to choose a setting for a new book. I like to find a place that I enjoy visiting. The Feisty One is set in Island Park, Idaho where my dad's best friend has a beautiful cabin. I have so many great memories in the cabin and the forest surrounding it. I wanted to share a recipe that also reminded me of Island Park. We end up cooking a lot more than we usually would on vacation because the cabin is so isolated. My favorite is chicken enchiladas because they're delicious, easy, and can feed a huge group. This recipe is what I would do for my family of six, but I double or triple it when we go to the cabin.

Chicken Enchiladas
One to two pounds cooked and shredded chicken (depends if your children are carnivores like mine)
One eight-ounce package cream cheese
One cup salsa
Two cups shredded colby jack cheese
One package taco seasoning
One can pinto or black beans

Mix everything together and either roll in flour tortillas or I've gotten so lazy lately I cut up the tortillas and layer them with the mixture. Top with colby jack or parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 350 for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!



Buy the The Feisty One is available for only $2.99 or if you're an Amazon Prime member you can borrow it for free.

Can he hide his heart or will the reporter take everything? 
Maryn Howe isn’t intimidated by billionaire recluse, Tucker Shaffer, or his enormous log cabin in Island Park, Idaho. Maryn needs this interview and she’ll get it at any cost, even if the last four reporters were physically removed from his presence.
Tucker Shaffer has no desire to change his less than flattering public image; but his PR people persuade him to give it one more try. Ready to make nice with whoever comes through the door, Tucker is blindsided by a petite blond with an extra-large personality. As the snow piles up and the questions keep coming, Maryn discovers the secret Tucker Shaffer has spent the last four years torturing himself with. She suddenly sees him in a new light and she flees—right into danger and into Tucker’s arms.
But the danger has just begun and now Maryn has to make a choice—trust in Tucker or lose it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.