Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, May 18, 2015

Walking the High Wire

Life is a balancing act. I'm trying to juggle a lot of things right now - family, work, school, writing, house cleaning, cooking, yard work, laundry, organizing and dejunking, and a few hobbies. Just writing that list makes me tired.

I wish I had a magic solution to offer that guarantees everything will work out and everyone will always be happy and everything will always be perfect, but that isn't how life works. It's messy and crazy. Sometimes there are tears and sharp words. Sometimes it's happy and everything goes smoothly, but those times are rare.

The best advice I've found is to live in the moment, but with one eye on the future and one eye on the past. Learn from your mistakes, then  move on. Believe you can be a better person tomorrow than you were today, then act on that belief and make it true. If you mess up, pick up the pieces and keep going forward. Don't hang on to anger or hurt, it only leads to bitterness and turns you into a sour person.

Now to put into action what I just stated. I'm far from perfect, but I'm trying.

What advice would you add?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.