Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thursday Recipe - Pot Roast Pork Burgundy

Sometimes I just want a roast cooked in the oven. I love my crockpots, but they just don't give the roast the same brown crust. The onions don't turn dark on the edges in the crockpot. And you can't bake potatoes with the same appliance at the same time.

Instead of a beef roast, I used a pork roast for this. It turned out very tasty.

Pot Roast Pork Burgundy

2 lb boneless pork roast
4 garlic bulbs, peeled and sliced
4 stalks celery, cut into short sticks
1 onion, sliced
1 c. water
1 T. beef bouillon mix (I use the Better-Than-Bouillon stuff)
1 t. worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Put roast in a roasting pan. (I love my enameled aluminum roaster but use what you have. I don't recommend a glass pan for this dish, though.) Spread garlic bits over the top. Add celery and onions.

Mix water, bouillon, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over the roast and vegetables. Cover.

Bake at 400° for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, until roast is done and tender.

Slice and serve with roast vegetables or baked potatoes.

Roast Gravy from Pan Drippings

Pan drippings from roast
hot water
3 T. cornstarch
1/2 c. cold water

Pour pan drippings into a measuring cup. Scrape off all the good dark stuff around the sides for really good flavor. Add enough hot water to measure 2 c. of liquid. Bring to a boil in a saucepan.

Meanwhile, mix cornstarch with cold water. Pour into boiling drippings. Stir until it thickens and comes back to a boil.

Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.