Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday Recipe - Plate Tectonics, Take 2, aka Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles are another great example of plate tectonics. As the cookies heat up, they expand and spread. The cinnamon "crust" breaks apart into plates that float on the surface of the semi-molten interior.

Okay, I'm stretching it just a bit. These are my favorite non-chocolate cookies. Unless you count the ginger ones. Or the spice ones. Or the nutmeg logs. Can I help it if I love cookies?

Snickerdoodles

1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. shortening
1 t. soda
2 t. cream of tartar
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 3/4 c. flour (use white flour for this one)
1/2 c. sugar mixed with 2 T. cinnamon

Cream sugar, butter, and shortening. Add everything else except the flour. Beat well. Stir in flour just until mixed. Shape into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes at 400°. Makes 6 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.