Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday Recipe - James' Candied Carrots

I went to a convention the other week, leaving my husband to do all the house stuff. He posted this recipe on Facebook. The comments are hilarious. Read it here. He tries to be adventurous in the kitchen, most of the time with edible results. I'm not minding this in the least. He makes wonderful rolls.

Here's his carrot recipe, verbatim:

"Genny says I need to post my recipe for bake carrots, (they are as good as mom's ) chop a bunch (6-10) of carrots into six sided die sizes, put in casserole dish with 2 tbl of margarine and a hand full of brown sugar (1/4 cup) cook at 350 for about 30-40 min until carrots are tender. serve"

Here's the recipe rewritten into standard recipe format:

4 c. diced carrots
2 T. butter or margarine
1/4 c. brown sugar

Place the carrots in a 1 qt. casserole dish. Cut butter into small bits and dab over the top. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and keep baking 10-15 minutes longer until carrots are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.