I ran across Lazy Mom's blog a while back. She's hysterical. You should go check out her blog. I sometimes kick myself that I didn't write her blog. She and I have a lot in common. Her challenge today was to write a list of things you've been meaning to do. So, here's mine:
1. Find the camera cord so I can download all those pictures I've been saving up on the camera.
2. Post pictures on my blog. Wait, gotta do #1 before I can do #2. (Somehow that doesn't quite sound right.)
3. Clean up the nuclear disaster zone in my sewing room. I'd post a picture but I'd have to put a warning label on it. And, oh yeah, I can't find the camera cord.
4. Clean off my desk, again, and the coffee table that has become my desk because my desk is full, and the end table that doubles as my other desk.
5. Condemn all the rooms in my house. Or get my kids to start doing chores again. Anyone have a remote control car I can mount a cattle prod on?
Why don't I just do the chores? I'm lazy. And I'm supposed to be working on my computer. I should write a review for Plants vs. Zombies and Zombie Farm and Age of Empires and Sudoku so I can justify the time I spend playing them. Wait, that requires real work.
6. Get my son to bale the front yard. It's deep enough we could sell it for cattle feed.
7. Weed the flower beds. I think it was 2008 the last time I did that one.
8. Get my kids to change their sheets. It's been at least a month. I need to buy industrial strength disinfectant to wash them in.
9. Wash windows. Last time that happened was 1997. I paid someone to wash them for me. No one has offered to since. But we're also a Mac house. We don't do Windows.
10. Kill the wasps under my neighbor's mailbox. It's right next to mine. That involves spray cans of chemicals. I think I even know where they are. Shouldn't take more than five minutes. But then I'd have to get off the couch, put my shoes on, find the wasp spray, go outside and spray them. Too much work there.
11. Condemn my husband's office and work area in the garage. Who needs fifty pounds of rusty, bent nails? He inherited them from his grandpa. I think there's a sentimental attachment.
12. Write three or four short stories that have deadlines coming up really fast. I've been meaning to do that. I've got them all plotted out and everything. I'll do that right after I watch another rerun of NCIS.
13. Cook lunch. This one I can do. Give me just a minute while I surf over to the pizza delivery website...
14. Read more of Lazy Mom's blog. I feel so much better about myself when I do.