Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, November 4, 2013

Author Interview - Stacy Lynn Carroll


Please welcome Stacy Lynn Carroll to the Far Edge of Normal! Stacy Lynn Carroll has always loved telling stories.  She started out at Utah State University where she pursued a degree in English, learned how to western swing, and watched as many of her fellow students became ‘True Aggies’.  She then finished her BA at the University of Utah where she got an emphasis in creative writing.  After college she worked as an administrative assistant, where she continued to write stories for the amusement of her co-workers.  When her first daughter was born, and with the encouragement of a fortune cookie, she quit her job and became a full-time mommy and writer.  She and her husband have three children, two Corgis, and a fish named Don.



Tell us about your writing - What genre do you prefer to write? What books, stories, other publications that you've written are your personal favorites? Anything new coming up?
I prefer to write young adult. And although I don’t do it on purpose, my books are geared toward young women much more than young men. I want my daughters to grow up and have options of good, clean teen literature. That’s why I write what I do. The Princess Sisters is the first book in the series. Frogs & Toads is the sequel. Next, I am working on the third and final book in the series titled Forever After.

What about you as a person? What do you do to relax? Favorite movies or tv shows? Hobbies?
Writing is my biggest stress release! But some nights after kids are all in bed, I’m too tired to think. On those nights, I love to curl up on the couch and either read or watch TV. My favorite shows are Parenthood, Bones, Biggest Loser, and Dancing with the Stars. I love movies! It’s way too hard to pick just one favorite.

What gets your creative juices going? Do you write to a music, and do you want to share your playlist?
Honestly when I am writing, I just write. I’ve discovered if I eat while writing, or listen to something, I get distracted. I do much better when I mentally submerse myself in the world where my characters live.

"All writers must have cats, especially if they write fantasy or speculative fiction." Do you have a stand on this one? Any cute pictures of your kitty or other pet?
No cats, I’m allergic. But I do have two very cute dogs that are Corgis. 

What organizations do you recommend for those wanting to become writers? Any advice you'd like to share about writing?
There are a lot of online groups you can join, especially on Facebook. You just have to join a few, and see where you fit and what you like best. As for advice, the best advice I was ever given was write something every day. Whether you write one sentence or five chapters, if you write every day, you will always be making progress.

Any special appearances or events coming up that you want to mention?
I am participating in a fundraiser boutique and book signing on Saturday, November 16th from 10am-6pm at Jordan Commons in Sandy, UT.

If you could travel to any time in history, when would you visit?
I would probably visit the time of Jane Austin in England. I just love the way they dressed, acted, and spoke. So proper! I probably wouldn’t last long, LOL, but it would be fun to visit for a little while.

If you could have dinner with any of your characters, which ones would you choose? What food would you serve?
My characters are all a pretty tight knit family, so I would have a big BBQ with the whole group. I think they would be a really fun group to hang out with! We would eat brats, hamburgers, and hot dogs.

If you could travel anywhere, on earth or off, where would you go?
I have always wanted to see Ireland and Scotland!

What color would you wear if you had only one choice?
Pink! I’m kinda obsessed with the color. I wear it almost every day anyway, so cutting out the rest of the colors in my closet wouldn’t be difficult.

Describe your dream writing spot.
I would love to say on a gorgeous beach somewhere, or something similar, but I know I’d end up watching the waves and getting distracted. Just give me a comfy chair and a laptop and as long as it’s quiet, I’ll be a happy writer.

Stacy is releasing her new book - Frogs and Toads. It sounds like a lot of fun!

One kiss can change the future...for better or for worse.
Belle and her cousins have conquered their fears. Now as they navigate their way through the dating world, they start to see a "happily ever after" on the horizon. But when an unexpected school assignment forces them to examine their past, the Princess sisters realize they have a lot of questions about the fathers they've never met. Secrets are revealed, long lost family members are discovered, and now the girls must decide who belongs in their future and who should be kept in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.