Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Pear Cake

I'm going quietly insane. I'm beyond busy with school, work, and family. We shall not speak of the house or laundry lately. Cooking only happens because I like to eat and my diet is so restricted I can't do take-out, not to mention I can't afford it. So I'm finding myself making dishes that are quick and easy to throw together. Cooking time doesn't matter so much. If I can chuck dinner in the oven at three then forget it until six, I'm all for that. If I can dump things into my crockpot in the morning before I walk out the door, even better.

This recipe is fast and easy. It does use a cake mix, something I don't usually do, but it turned out so tasty I thought I'd share it with you. Fast and easy plus it can use up those pears or apples that are slowly going mushy in your fridge. (And one of these days I might remember to pull out my camera and take pictures so the blog is a little more exciting and visual. Ha! My classes on design are rubbing off on me...)

Pear Cake

1 box yellow cake mix (or white or spice or carrot or butter)
1/2 c. butter, softened
4 eggs (use large, extra-large, or jumbo for this recipe)
3 - 4 ripe pears or apples, cored and cut into bite-size chunks, don't bother peeling
3 T. sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Mix cake mix, butter, and eggs. Spread in greased 9x13 cake pan. Spread pears over the top. Mix sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes until the cake is done. (Stick a toothpick into the center. If it comes out with batter on it, bake for another 5 minutes or so.) Let cool.

Serve plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.