Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday Recipe - Fried Noodles

It's still Thursday, I'm still hitting my self-imposed deadline for today. I completely missed my Monday post this week. It's been that kind of week. Don't we all have those kinds of weeks, though? Hugs to anyone out there also suffering from a rough time. You are not alone.

This recipe is an old standby for those times when you don't want something fancy. You want something quick, easy, and comforting.

Fried Noodles

2 c. cooked pasta, cold
1 T. butter or margarine
2 T. grated parmesan or asiago cheese
black pepper or lemon pepper seasoning

Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium to medium high heat until it's bubbly. Add the pasta. Stir it around just a little, until all the noodles are coated with butter. Let it cook for a minute until it's sizzling nice and good. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Let it cook away for a few minutes until the cheese gets melty and the noodles are just a little bit brown and crispy on the bottom. You can give it a couple of quick stirs if you want. If the cheese gets to the bottom, it melts into crispy bits of delicousness.

Scoop the noodles into a bowl and hit them with a shot of black pepper or lemon pepper seasoning. Grab a fork and enjoy.

I would have taken pictures for you, but my son gobbled it down too fast. He loves his noodles.

1 comment:

Keep it clean, keep it nice.