Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, March 14, 2011

Book Review - Sink or Swim by Stacy Juba

I am so behind on my reviews. I should have posted this one last month.

Sink or Swim is a fun murder mystery. Stacy has a light touch with the murder part of the story, focusing mostly on Cassidy's personal struggles and unexpected romance. Let me back up just a bit and give you an intro to the story.

Cassidy is a contestant on a reality show, Sink or Swim. She comes in second, losing out to a big jerk. She has to return home with nothing when she was hoping to win the million dollars and use it to open her own fitness gym. But instead, she goes back to work for the local gym as a trainer. Her celebrity status does seem to be opening a few doors, but not enough. Cassidy is frustrated and depressed. And then the jerk turns up murdered. Is someone stalking the contestants on the show? Cassidy gets some creepy fan mail that scares her into going to the police. Her life spirals out of control as the stalker closes in. Who is he, really? And how big of a threat?

How's that for a teaser? I enjoyed the book. I empathized with Cassidy's problems and found myself rooting for her. With a cast of well-drawn characters, Stacy leaves you guessing until the end. Who is the stalker? Cassidy begins to suspect everyone. I followed along, believing and questioning with Cassidy as she tried to build a normal life after her fling with fame on reality tv. If you're looking for a fast and fun read, pick up Sink or Swim. You won't be disappointed.

Find more about Stacy Juba here: http://stacyjuba.com/blog/
I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.