Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday Recipe - Cauliflower with Mayotard

I'm still catching up on everything. That wedding and back-to-school stuff with the other kids have both totally wiped me out for a while. My email is stacking up, my living room is buried in wedding stuff STILL, my bills need paid, I've got piles of things to return, but at least my laundry is now caught up. We won't even talk about the state of my house or yard. Suffice it to say that it's 11 am and I'm still in my pj's on my computer.

So, I'll share this quick and easy recipe with you. My mother served the original version when I was growing up. My kids added their own touches. Feel free to experiment. That's what real cooks do.

And here's a picture from the wedding:
My daughter and son-in-law. I'm a mother-in-law now! Where did the years go?

Cauliflower with Mayotard

1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets (Oo, I'm using fancy words today)
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. mustard (your choice here, but standard yellow is always good)
Totally optional stir-ins: crushed garlic, tabasco sauce, horseradish, siracha (Thai hot chile sauce, the new ketchup at my house), chopped green onions

Mix up the mayo and mustard with any optional stir-ins you want. Serve as a dip with the cauliflower. My kids will eat lots of raw cauliflower as long as the mayotard holds out.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get rested soon! Weddings are so stressful. Good, but stressful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the wedding so much as my food allergies attacking again. Urg.

    Thanks, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, new MIL!

    In our part of the world, we call mayotard "dijonnaise"...we loves our dijonnaise. She is most delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids came up with mayotard. Better than mussonnaise, I guess. I do like dijonnaise, but we don't usually use the classier mustards for this dip.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.