Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Teaser Tuesday! Poem

Part of Teaser Tuesday - Enjoy!

Words
Spin and tumble in my head,
Churning, spinning,
Building pressure like steam in a kettle,
Seeking escape.

Words
Buzzing in my brain
Like a wasp on a window,
Watching with alien malevolence
Waiting for me to approach,
To smother or smash into complacency,
Only to be stung as the words demand release.

Words
Burning like a flame,
Searing their path through my mind,
Consuming, devouring,
Building to a raging inferno,
Demanding complete submission.

Words
Erupting like lava,
Cascading in fiery torrents from my fingers,
Flowing from my brain,
Liquid stone, blazing with heat,
Destroying my peace, shattering my world,
Until the passion settles.
The words rest cold and hard,
Set in hexagonal columns
Like basalt,
Form immutable.

Words
Lie before me,
Holding all the fire
of my empty soul.

Words.
Nothing more,
Nothing less,

Only
Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.