Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday Post - It's Monday!

It's been a crazy week. I was planning on doing a book review today, but I'm so far behind, I won't be able to do it justice. So, instead, here is some insanity from my life this week.

Wedding plans - ARGH! I just had to get that out. My daughter's wedding is in six days and counting. I'm debating about barricading myself in my closet until then. I have flowers and dishes and tablecloths and decorations and presents and just STUFF in piles all over my house.

Bills and government stuff - paying bills always makes me happy. Ha! What a liar I am. I hate paying bills. I also got to deal with government agencies recently. I need a new drivers license, and because I have to prove who I am, I need my SS card, but I misplaced it somewhere in the mass of dead tree matter that covers my desk, so I had to go apply for a new one. Fortunately, I did find my birth certificate so I didn't have to mail stuff to another state again to request another copy. But I got grief because I no longer use my first name that's on my birth certificate but not on my other stuff because I LEGALLY CHANGED it when I got married. That mess is now straightened out and dealt with. Now I just have to track down the phone numbers for the insurance situation and straighten that back out.

I also edited two stories and wrote more on a new one this morning while sitting in the dr's office with my daughter. I submitted those stories, too. Woohoo, go me.

I also made it to the BSA office to register two new cub scouts in our pack and buy new program guides for the leaders.

Birthday present for myself- I'm going to slaughter zombies now. After I run three more errands...

6 comments:

  1. Mmm, slaughtering zombies. How festive.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best way to celebrate. Dead zombies staggering across the lawn being slaughtered by frozen watermelons and butter.

    Thanks, Sooz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    Oh, best wishes to your daughter and your new son-in-law. What a happy ocassion. Stressful, but happy.

    Woot on the shorts. I'm working in queries. Gah! But yay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your queries, Mary. I'll cross my fingers for you.

    I've got so many short story ideas. I need to find more time to write them down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get to your zombies, or did the three more errands use up all the time?

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I conquered the world instead. Sometimes you just have to take out your frustrations. And the errands did eat up most of Monday and Tuesday. I've got more today that I was hoping to get done yesterday. And now my van is in the shop. It just hasn't been my week.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.