Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thursday Recipe - Teriyaki Chicken

Nope, not a recipe today. Those will be coming. After I figure out my diet. Again. It turns out I'm allergic to tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and peppers. I'm also reacting to cucumbers, honeydew melons, and cantaloupe. I had no idea how much I relied on tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes in particular. I'm even reacting to chili powder and paprika.

I have to revamp my whole recipe box, especially since I'm supposed to be eating a low-glycemic load diet on top of that.

So, anyone have recipes that don't use tomatoes, potatoes, or peppers of any kind? Ones that aren't cream-based? I would love some more main dishes to try.

Teriyaki Chicken was a hit the other night, but it's high on the sodium.

Time to change up everything again...

Teriyaki Chicken

2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
1 onion, sliced thin
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 T. sesame seeds

Place chicken in a small roasting pan or casserole. Spread the onions over the top. Mix together the rest of the ingredients. Pour over the chicken.

Bake uncovered at 350° for 30-40 minutes if chicken is thawed, 60-75 minutes if chicken is frozen, until chicken is done.

Serve over rice with green onions as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.