Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday Recipe - Easy Mexican Rice

School's back in session. I'm buried in homework. My blog posts will suffer. Please comment if you have a recipe idea you want me to post. Or if you want to be a guest chef and supply the recipe for me. Or if you want to do a guest post on a Monday. I'd love to host others on here.

This is what we threw together for dinner the other night. It turned out well. If you like it mild, use mild salsa. If you like it spicy, use the hot. The key for me, since I've always burned Mexican rice before, is to use a rice cooker. They aren't too much money and they are worth it for making rice that is cooked to perfection.

Mexican Rice

2 c. rice
4 c. hot water
1 1/2 c. salsa

Dump everything in a rice cooker. Hit the buttons for your model and let it cook.

Stir before serving. Garnish with grated cheese, chopped green onions, sliced olives, sour cream, or whatever. We garnished ours with corn chips and taco meat and called it dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.