Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, January 31, 2011

Book Review - Once Upon a Dark and Eerie by A. F. Stewart

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/28423

If you're expecting a full story, fleshed out and finished with everything neatly wrapped up at the end, this isn't it. Once Upon a Dark and Eerie is a collection of snippets and teasers, short bits that hint at dark and twisted stories and characters. Some were haunting, others disturbing, a few laugh out loud funny. The book is divided into sections with an overall theme: Dark Musings, Past Echoes, Creatures & Fairy Tales, and Grim Poetry.

I haven't been a fan of this type of work before. I refused to read it for years. I think I missed out on a lot of great reading, if this book is any indication. My only complaint is that the story snippets left me wanting more, much more. I wanted to see where the characters ended up. The very short writings caught my imagination and teased me with possibilities.

I will definitely be reading more works by A. F. Stewart. For now, go to Smashwords and download at least the free sample. Try this book. You won't be sorry.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars and a rating of PG for disturbing content.