Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Spinach Cheese Pie

I know I've posted variations on this before but it's such a versatile recipe I had to post another version of it. This has been my lunch most of the last couple of weeks. It's fast and easy to throw together, it's healthy, and it tastes delicious. It's great for using up bits of veggies that are wilting in the fridge, too.

I used fresh mozarella medallions on the top of this one.

Spinach Cheese Pie

3 eggs
1/3 c. milk
1/4 c. flour
2 t. garlic salt seasoning (I love the Kroger brand California seasoning)
2 c. spinach
1 - 2 green onions
1/2 c. assorted chopped veggies - olives, green peppers, sliced mushrooms, cooked broccoli or carrots, etc.
1/2 c. shredded cheese or sliced cheese

Heat oven to 425°. Spray a pie plate and set aside. Beat eggs, milk, flour, and garlic salt until smooth. Set aside. Spread spinach in pie plate. Sprinkle green onions and chopped veggies over the top. Spread cheese over that. Pour egg mixture over the top. Lightly press cheese and veggies into the egg.

Bake for 30 minutes until set and browned on the edges. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Makes 2-4 servings, depending on how hungry you are and what else you have to go with it.

4 comments:

  1. is the spinach fresh, frozen or canned? My family's version of this had the egg mixture over hashbrowns and sausage. Not healthy at all. I think I'd like to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used fresh spinach. I never buy canned and very rarely get frozen. It would probably work okay with frozen spinach as long as you squeezed out all the water you could. It wouldn't be quite so tasty, though.

    This recipe comes out more like a fluffy omelet than anything. Baking it lets you jam in more veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good. I can eat fresh. =) The rest looks icky
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love fresh spinach for salads and recipes like this one. I love it on pizza, too.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.