Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Fresh Ginger Cookies

Halfway between molasses cookies and gingersnaps, these have a very different flavor than either. The original recipe is here on allrecipes.com. Just so you can see what I do to recipes, I'm posting my version. Next time I get my hands on fresh ginger, I'm saving a chunk so I can make these again.

Here's a great tip for making these: Get your teenage son to finely grate the ginger for you. They've got energy to burn, plus they don't have arthritis yet. (I'm going to have to invest in a food processor with a grating attachment one of these days. I finally broke down and bought an electric can opener last Christmas. Just one more sign of how young I am not...)

Fresh Ginger Cookies

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. honey
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 T. grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. white flour

Cream butter, honey, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, soda, salt, and ginger. Beat well. Stir in flour just until cookies are mixed. Scoop dough into 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, just until cookies are set. Let cool on sheets at least 5 minutes.

Snarf the whole batch before your kids get to eat any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.