Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday Recipe - Fried Eggplant

I made tuna toasties for dinner last night for my kids. Since I can't eat most of the stuff in them, I fried some eggplant for my dinner. The kids devoured my eggplant along with their tuna toasties. I must have done something right. Here's the recipe so you can judge for yourself. Note that it's dairy-free and gluten-free.

Fried Eggplant

2 medium eggplant
4 eggs
2 T. water
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. dried rosemary
1/2 t. paprika
1 t. garlic salt
oil for frying

Beat eggs with spices and water. Keep beating until it's smooth and mixed. Pour into a wide, flat-bottomed container. Set aside. Slice the eggplant on the diagonal to get large slices. You want them about 1/4 inch thick.

Heat 1 T. oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Dip eggplant slices in the egg mixture, then place in frying pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn. Cook another 2 minutes. The egg coating should be golden brown and the eggplant should be slightly soft.

Serve warm. I like them plain, but you could serve with spaghetti sauce or parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.