Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday Recipe - Cherry Bars

I had a craving for these and I just happen to have several jars of maraschino cherries that need used. I thought you might enjoy them, too. They're nice and red/pink, great holiday colors. And they're very delicious and decadent.

(Anyone out there good at food pictures? My bars look like weird alien brain squares, not delicious pink cherry bars. They still taste very good.)

If you want them more pink, just add some food coloring.
Cherry Bars

2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 T. shortening
3 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond extract
1/2 c. maraschino cherry juice
4 eggs
4 1/2 c. flour
1 c. maraschino cherries, halved

Cream butter, shortening, and sugar. Add baking powder, salt, vanilla, almond extract, cherry juice, and eggs. Beat until very smooth and creamy. Stir in flour and cherries. Spread in greased jelly roll pan (15x10). Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it nice.