Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

I Think I'm Back

 So the last few years have been very difficult for me. Mental illness is not fun. All my energy pretty much went into surviving and working my way through the darkness back to the light. There's a reason we have so many stories of heroes fighting through horrible, tough challenges to emerge victorious, but very scarred, out the other side. We need heroes. We need someone we can look to when we feel like we're fighting our own evil monsters and villains, even if they only exist in our own heads or in our past. We need the hope that we will emerge victorious. Some day. And that our scars will only make us more beautiful, a mark of courage and bravery and resilience.

At least that's what I'm telling myself. It's one reason I write. I need to find my own hope and courage to face the real life problems I fight. I find it through my fiction. It's a way to reach my own inner truths, to uncover what lies hidden beneath the detritus of every day life.

So, anyway. I don't know if anyone reads blogs any more but I need a place to put essays and rants and other things. So if you still follow me and read my posts, welcome back!

Today's post is mostly an announcement. I finally have a new book out! And I'm starting to write again. It feels good to be flexing my creative muscles again.



SplinterLight

Reality and time hang in ragged shreds, torn apart by a strange new weapon.

A lighthouse with no door stands at the heart of a desert of stone, guarded by ghosts. One man seeks its hidden truth, his steps dogged by death and a government intent on keeping it secret.   

The crew of a ship lost across fractured realities awaits a beacon to guide them home. Powerful enemies hunt them at every turn, driving them further apart with every leap to a new world.

A simple waitress in a dead-end town holds the key to mending existence, but it will take a heart willing to believe and courage to take a leap into the unknown.

And nothing will change until time bends backwards.

Until the beacon is lit.

And the travelers return home.

1 comment:

  1. Jaleta you did a great job on this one. Mystery Suspense and an ending that makes you think. Loved the book

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.