Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Monday, April 22, 2013

I Love Being an Author Some Days

So, I was chatting with my writing group Wednesday night. This is harder than it sounds. My writing group lives over 1200 miles away. I tried to finagle a way to move to their town, really I did, but the fates conspired to keep me where I'm at. I'm just glad the internet is so accessible. I fit so well with this group. They're fantastic people. They aren't all published pros, but they're very supportive and helpful. And did I mention diverse? Yeah, it gets tangled and messy sometimes because opinions and personalities clash, but that's a great thing. Who wants to hang out with a group of people just like you? Where's the fun in that? I love having my preconceptions challenged. It keeps me thinking.

Back to my story. We're chatting away and things start getting silly, because that's what they tend to do. And next thing I know, I've got this great new character talking in my head. One of my friends has been really into fairyland stuff lately. She's got several series going that deal with the Fey and magic and all that fun stuff. They're great books. I highly recommend them. Go check out http://francespauli.com/ if you're looking for books to read. I'll wait.

Yeah, I'm a fangirl of most of her stuff. It's okay. Authors can be fans, too.

So now I'd like to introduce you to my little friend, soon to be introduced in a brand-new story. And if he's as much fun as he promises to be, he may start his own series of stories and silliness.

Without further ado, may I introduce...

Señor Howitzer and his trusty steed Doogie. Now to invent his elven sidekick and start decorating his undercover vehicle, The Taco Truck.


Hey, being a writer is tough. This is what I have to live with in my head. ALL THE TIME! Now don't bother me, I'm busy following Señor Howitzer into trouble...

1 comment:

Keep it clean, keep it nice.