Check out my fiction - http://www.jaletac.com
Check out my science fiction series - The Fall of the Altairan Empire

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Recipe - OMG BBQ Beef sandwiches

This was an experiment, but one that turned out so tasty I don't want to forget what I did. It was easy, too, which is always a bonus. So if you're looking for a lazy dinner, this is a great one. I put it in the crockpot before I left for work in the morning. By dinner time, it was totally tender and delicious.

OMG BBQ Beef Sandwiches

1 lb beef stew meat
4 - 6 carrots, peeled and diced (about 1/2 inch cubes)
1/2 c. vinegar, cider preferred but any will do
1/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. cocktail sauce (the tomato and horseradish sauce for dipping shrimp, if you don't have it, just use ketchup, but it won't taste the same)
1/3 c. spicy brown mustard, not the yellow stuff, you want the bold taste
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. worcestershire sauce
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cayenne pepper

Put beef and carrots in a medium size crockpot. Mix everything else together in a separate bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce is well mixed. Pour over the meat and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Serve on buns or hard rolls. Makes 6-12 sandwiches depending on how full you stuff them and how big the rolls are.

You can also serve this over noodles, rice, or baked potatoes. Add a green salad and some sliced fruit and you have an easy, healthy meal that tastes absolutely fabulous.

You can also add 1/2 c. of diced onion with the carrots if you want. I didn't because I have a couple of children who can detect subatomic levels of onion and will not eat anything that has even come in contact with onions.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. I think I have some stew meat. And some time tomorrow. Thanks, Jaleta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some stew meat, too. I think it's time to make another pot full of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, keep it nice.